Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Journal

       This notebook has been a trip for me. It has helped me a lot in a weird but simple way I never even thought it would help me. When the teacher first told us we had to write a journal the first thought my mind produced was "craaaaap". In minutes this thought started to change. This change started when we were introduced to the anti-rules. Why would the professor want us to write ridiculous stuff down? My first entry was so awesome, I have ADHD so it was totally weird. I start writing about Bacon, then I shift to how it was a bit racist to think about loose leaf paper better than printing paper since their all papers and it keep being weirder and weirder. I think my first 5 or 6 entries are like this. Then, I decided I would go for the jugular.

        
Wow! All the sudden, all this rambled thoughts I had became a complete idea. As the days went by, I could see and understand what I was thinking, what was I feeling and How I was growing as a human being.  It Was all recorded on this "craaaaapy" notebook was helping me not only in my writing, but directly affecting my life by organizing my thoughts and presenting them exactly how I first made them up, why I made them up and as a complete idea with a base and all of that good stuff. I even loved the collage I made to decorate it. It was just a bunch of fun and plus it helped me a lot as a writer and as a person.

3 comments:

  1. Crap is your favorite word, huh? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journal did the same thing for me, among other things. With it, I was able to organize my thoughts like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, you have some pretty weird thoughts... I understand bacon, but... paper racism? Hilarious.

    Anyways, it seems most of us had a similar experience; actually writing down and therefore giving some significance to our daily thoughts helped all of us organize our lives and "get in touch with ourselves", as cliché as that sounds.

    ReplyDelete